13 Quick Tips On Choosing A Logic Analyzer:
1. What are you looking to accomplish with the logic analyzer?
2. Benchtop or Portable? In what environment will the logic analyzer be used?
3. How often will a reading need to be taken?
4. How much data will the logic analyzer need to store?
5. Does the logic analyzer have multiple functions available? Ex. Logic Analyzer + Power Analyzer
6. Will all the functions be needed?
7. What are you willing to spend on a logic analyzer? High end benchtop system vs. a portable system?
8. How intuitive is the user interface?
9. Software menu options – easy to understand or layered with too many options?
10. How many waveform measurements will the logic analyzer need to take? What kind?
11. Is there a triggering option or capability?
12. What protocols does the logic analyzer support?
13. How will a user communicate with the logic analyzer?
Hope these 13 starting points help in choosing the right logic analyzer!
Established in 2004, NorthTree Associates (Waconia, MN) is a North American distributor that specializes in providing design engineers, test engineers, and production engineers the best protocol, bus analysis, and board-level testing and debugging tools available.